|Job Title:||Registered Manager – Young persons mental health|
|Contract Type:||Full Time, Permanent|
|Location:||Moira Unit – Young persons treatment and intervention unit|
|Salary:||£42,000 – £45,000 a year|
|Schedule:||8 hour shift|
Aaban Partnership Ltd is a new and exciting service offering high-quality specialist mental health services for young people with complex needs. Aaban Partnership Ltd has two bespoke built 10 bedded units offering Assessment, Stabilisation, treatment, and intervention for young people aged 8 -18 years.
Providence Unit (Assessment and Stabilisation Unit) is now fully operational, however, we are looking to open Moira Unit (Treatment and Intervention Unit) and require a passionate, committed, hard-working registered manager to lead the team, help develop the pathway and work with the Senior Leadership Team in opening the new unit.
The appointed manager must register with the CQC and update all relevant documentation when registration is successful.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Service user related (inc. prospective service users)
- To ensure that agreed quality assurance initiatives are implemented and fully achieved within the unit.
- Liaise with the CCG, children’s social care, regulators, and local authorities to ensure satisfactory standards are maintained and to drive further improvements.
- To promote independence and choice for young people, making sure they are treated with dignity and respect at all times.
- To manage the effective use of resources and maintain high levels of occupancy.
- To comply with all CQC regulatory requirements at all times
- To ensure policy and procedures are implemented, reviewed, and understood by all the staff to ensure safe and high standards of care.
- To provide leadership to all staff in order to deliver the best possible quality of care within a safe working and living environment.
- Ensure staff training is up to date and to encourage further personal development for all staff
- To keep own training and competencies up to date
- To provide regular updates to the senior leadership team and ensure that all staff supervision is completed within the set time limits
- To ensure that all young people have an updated care plan and risk assessment, which is evaluated and audited fortnightly or when required and actively involve them in the preparation.
- To ensure that there is a regular program of activities, which are arranged in line with the young people’s needs. This includes educational, recreational, and therapeutic activities.
- To review referrals, complete assessments, and approve pre-admission assessments for all potential admissions.
- Ensure the security, health, and safety, general welfare, and satisfaction of young people in the unit
- Ensure validation is completed and renewal of NMC pin.
- Promote and deliver psychological ways of working with young people using evidence-based practice.
- Actively partake in the governance and assurance committees, providing written reports and evidence to the Board.
- To deliver and oversee care and treatment in the least restrictive manner
- Manages all operational aspects of the unit maintaining all requirements for compliance and ensuring uncompromisingly high standards are achieved and maintained.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience as a Registered Manager
- Inpatient experience
- Qualified in a type of therapy, DBT, CBT, CAT, etc
- At least 12 months experience working with young people
- In-depth knowledge of CQC KLOES, inspection, and registration processes.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- A hard-working ethic, and happy to be hands-on
- A confident, independent leader looking to secure their place as part of the management team for a progressive business.
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
£1000 welcome bonus, payable on registration with CQC and satisfactory DBS and references. This bonus is repayable if the probation period is not completed or leaves within 12 months.
Application Deadline: 01/01/2022
Expected Start Date: ASAP
See All Vacancies
|COVID-19 considerations:||As a result of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 (Regulations), it is a condition of your employment that you have received the full course of an approved Covid-19 vaccination|
|Application question(s):||Are you a registered mental health nurse or learning disability nurse?|
|Education:||Diploma of Higher Education (preferred)|
|Experience:||working with young people: 1 year (preferred)|
|Licence/Certification:||NMC Pin number (required)|